Dr. Richard Wayne Bandler (born on February 24, 1950) is an American trainer and author in the field of self-help. He is best recognized as the co-founder of the field of Neuro-Linguistic Programming or NLP, an approach to comprehend and transform human behavior patterns.
Bandler holds a Bachelor’s Degree (1973) in Philosophy and Psychology from the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) and a Master’s Degree (1975) in Psychology from Lone Mountain College in San Francisco.
Dr. Bandler is an author and co-author of various books on NLP and its applications. These books include:
- The Structure of Magic I: A Book About Language and Therapy (with John Grinder, 1975),
- The Structure of Magic II: A Book About Communication and Change (with John Grinder, 1975),
- Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Volume (with John Grinder, 1976),
- Frogs into Princes: Neuro-Linguistic Programming (with John Grinder, 1979),
- Tranceformations: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of Hypnosis (with John Grinder & Connirae Andreas, 1981),
- Reframing: Neurolinguistic Programming and the Transformation of Meaning (with John Grinder, 1983),
- Using Your Brain for a Change (1985),
- Magic In Action (1992),
- Time for a Change (1993),
- The Adventures of Anybody (1993),
- Persuasion Engineering (1996),
- Conversations: Freedom Is Everything and Love Is All the Rest (with Owen Fitzpatrick, 2005) ,
- Get The Life You Want: The Secrets to Quick and Lasting Life Change with Neuro-Linguistic Programming (2008); and
- Richard Bandler’s Guide to Trance-formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change (2008).
Bandler is recognized as one of the most productive contributors to the field of NLP. Among the techniques and models that he has co-developed are Anchoring, The Meta Model, The Swish Pattern, and The Milton Model. Aside from these, he also co-developed Nesting loops, Reframing, Chaining states, The Belief Change, Timelines, and the Submodality applications.
As a musician, Dr. Bandler’s interest in sound theory and neurological influence of sound directed him to cultivate the area of Neuro-Sonics. This area makes the most of music’s’ qualities to produce detailed internal states.
He is also a real designer of training courses. These training and seminars comprise Hypnosis, Neuro-Hypnotic Repatterning®, Persuasion Engineering®, Design Human Engineering®, Charisma Enhancement®, Personal Enhancement, NLP Practitioner, NLP Master Practitioner, and many more.
In addition to his artistic genius, Dr. Bandler is famous for his active training style, his sense of humor, and his skill to use sophisticated language patterns. A Leonardo of our times, he holds courses all over the world and considered one of the greatest geniuses of personal change.